Currently the instrument is available for Self-Service with the researcher providing all StepOnePlus compatable consumables and reagents. Please follow the instructions below to for reservation and usage information:
- Create two accounts.
§ (1) with the PAN Facility for billing purposes. You only need to do this once. Update PTA/PO as necessary.
§ (2) with StepOnePlus Calendar for scheduling run(s).
- First-time users must contact Alberto Lovelll for a free and quick tutorial on instrument and software before scheduling a run. Available times for tutorials are typically Monday thru Wednesday after 2pm.
- StepOnePlus compatible consumables and reagents only. Read consumable/reagent details for this information.
§ ABI MicroAmp Fast Optical Plate (0.1ml) - Part #4346907 (available at PAN for $4.00/plate).
§ ABI MicroAmp Optical Adhesive Film - Part #4360954 (available at PAN for $2.00/cover).
- Free copy of the StepOnePlus software (PC only) is available through ABI/Life Technologies or through PAN.
- Bring plate wrapped in foil. Do not place plate on ice, as ice may generate false flurescent signal. Plate is okay at RT for a short time. If plate needs to be storaged for a few hours or a day you may store it in our fridge.
- Bring plate layout and thermal cycling conditions for your SybrGreen or Taqman reagent with you.
- A centrifuge is available in the lab for customer use.
- After hour access is available, please contact Alberto Lovell or Mike Eckart for door codes.
**Please note that the charge is per plate, not per hour, refer to the price sheet for detailed information.